Research & Innovation
- We align innovation and variety development efforts to meet both grower and end-use market needs (all end uses: feed, malt, food, industrial).
- We provide a unified voice and national applicant approach to attract increased research funding.
- We collaborate with barley breeders and researchers.
Beneficial Management Practices
- We collaborate with agronomic researchers to develop best practices to manage production issues.
- We educate growers on customer requirements for Canadian barley and how to meet these requirements.
- We position Canada as a leader in top-quality barley in domestic and international markets.
- We promote the value of feed barley for livestock to be competitive with other feed options.
- We raise awareness of the heart-healthy properties of food barley and recently approved development of the national GoBarley consumer campaign.
- We promote new uses for barley. For example, ethanol and Dried Distiller Grains with Solubles for feed. (DDGS)
- We maintain and expand access to key markets.
- We work to remove market access barriers.
- We advise government on trade policies/agreements.
- We educate all levels of the value chain and government on the industry and all things barley.
- We build strong relationships throughout all links in the value chain.